Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm Enamored with QR Codes

I was so inspired by QR Codes this past year that I included one on our family Christmas Card.

Yesterday I found out about an amazing example of QR Codes. Check out the post with more details at Drew's Marketing Minute. It's called WorldPark and took place last year on Arbor Day at New York City's Central Park. I would have loved to be a part of it.

Here is a video of the event:



Not sure who's using QR codes, check out this infographic the post also mentioned.

So what does this mean for a library? Let me tell you, if I were in charge of a library (thank goodness I'm not!) I would do this inside my building. Create a QR Code scavenger hunt. Help people to discover all the hidden treasures in your library. I think it would be the coolest event! If you're a Lancaster County Public library and you do this you BETTER contact me for help. Looking forward to seeing what QR code gems pop up next in library land!

No comments: