In this six-week, facilitated online course, library staff and supporters will learn how to create and tell their library's story, deliver effective presentations, develop a compelling case for support, and build and sustain partnerships along the way.
Participants are encouraged to come with a specific, self-determined advocacy goal for their library. At the end of six weeks, you’ll have a complete Advocacy Work Plan to guide your efforts.
Turning the Page 2.0 consists of the following components:
- In-person kick-off (optional)
- Facilitator-led virtual classroom sessions (1 hour each week for 6 weeks)
- Independent work on Turning the Page online modules (about 1 hour each week)
- Online community for discussion (optional)
- Completion of an Advocacy Work Plan (about 1 hour each week)
- One-on-one feedback via email from professional facilitators (free consultancy)