Friday, July 18, 2008

A Day in the Life #5 - LAST ONE

Well, it's Friday already. I'm always amazed at how quickly the weeks go by at this job. The best part is I'm not waiting for Friday on Monday morning like some previous jobs. I truly enjoy what I do and that is such a blessing.

I have to say I was a little nervous about the Webinar when I got to work this morning. I logged in 45 minutes early to do some more practicing just to make sure I was ready. Gratefully, there were no major technical snafus on the part of the participants, the other presenters, or myself. Woo hoo!! You just never know with the Internet; know what I mean? Everything flowed very smoothly and the presenters and participants all did great. Now there's a big check mark off of my list of things to do!

That took up the whole morning, so I went home for lunch, but Xia was sleeping :-( When I got back to work it was email ciy since I hadn't touched it all morning.

  • I scheduled some one on one training for a new branch manager starting next week
  • I entered in some training hours for a coworker (I keep track of all continuing ed taken by the people who work here at the system on top of a list of all of the attendees of trainings we conduct or coordinate)
  • Helped with some Spanish Translation (no I do not do this well but offered input on some translation we received back)
  • Closed a couple of Work Orders that finally were finished: A name correction for a user of our intranet wiki, you'd be amazed how difficult that was to do. It took a couple of weeks to work it out with support and our IT Manager and Asst Manager did it, not me - way over my head. Also closed a couple of work orders asking for reports. I sure wish Millennium's reporting modules were easier to use. I offer trainings and people take them, but it's still very difficult for the users to do this on their own. If only we had a programmer on staff that could make it magic by pushing a couple of buttons and getting canned reports like they do at NOBLE. Ahhh, wishful thinking.
  • And of course, then I jumped back into the world of Outlook Exchange. I just wish I could get a big chunk of time on this!

Well, I appreciate you all joining me for the ride. Don't know how exciting you may find my week, but I'm so glad I have a job that continuously challenges me and makes me keep on learnin! Have a great weekend :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the successful webinar! It is a really great feeling once it's over!

Have a great weekend!

Kiss Xia for me.

Stephanie Zimmerman said...

Working hard this weekend whenever Xia is asleep to get ready for my State workshops. I keep falling asleep in front of the laptop! Getting up early, staying up late. But boy am I learning a lot that I've been wanting to learn for so long. There just aren't enough hours in the day. Xia has been kissed :-) Hope you aren't working much this weekend.